Click on the link below to view the 2019 Kaiser plans and rates.
2019 Kaiser Brochure with Rates.pdf
2 Options to Enroll: Marketplace or Direct
Advantages of Enrolling through the Marketplace.
Even if you don't qualify for a tax credit, you can apply through the Federal Marketplace at http://www.healthcare.gov . Here are 4 advantages:
1. EASE OF APPLICATION:
The process is paperless, and each year you can easily select a new plan. It's easy to also put different family members on different company plans or policies. Call me at 503-650-4235 and we can do the Marketplace application together via screen-share/phone or in person. If you decide to do the healthcare.gov application on your own, please consult with me first as it is easy to make a costly error.
2. TAX CREDITS:
The Marketplace is the only way to claim the tax credits. Even if you don't qualify when you apply, you may later on in the year if your health or income changes. I've had a few clients make costly mistakes when their income dropped mid-year.
3. IF YOU SHOULD APPLY OR RENEW ON YOUR OWN:
The Marketplace application asks "Is a Professional helping you complete this application?" Here I appreciate you saying yes, then adding my agent name, Dan Neils, and NPN number, 757811. This allows me to be compensated at no cost to you, and appoints as your broker should you need help during the year.
4. I'M HERE TO HELP:
Should you like my help enrolling or completing the annual enrollment I am at your service. Just call me at 503-650-4325 or email me at email@example.com to set up a phone time or in person. I can complete an application in 1/6 the time you can do so alone, and I can help you avoid common mistakes that are easy to make in an unfamiliar application.
Enroll Direct using my Broker Link
Do not apply directly to Kaiser if you may possibly qualify for a tax credit in 2019. If you would like to enroll direct keep in mind at the end of the application they will ask for the 1st-month premium to complete the process. Click on the big link below to begin the application:
Kaiser Directory of Providers
As a Kaiser member you can go to the primary care doctor of your choice, and see Kaiser specialists by PCP referral. The Silver & Gold plans allow you to see Alternative Care providers by PCP referral as well. All Portland Clinic Providers are In-Network, and are treated the same as if yo sought care at Kaiser
To search the Kaiser providers, start at the link below:
Portland Clinic Directory of Providers
You can visit any of the over 100 doctors and specialists at the Portland Clinic as a Kaiser client. They also have an Urgent Care in Tigard open 8-8pm. To find a doctor and schedule an appointment, you can either call 503-223-3113 or schedule an appointment online at the link below.
Click on the link below to browse providers and schedule an appointment:
A few considerations
- You can put different family members on different plans as your needs dictate.
- Kaiser allows great flexibility with your providers with in person, video, phone, and email capacity. Many plans offer Alternative Care provider access if your PCP will refer it (not the Standard Gold, Silver, or Bronze plans)
- The Portland Clinics are also considered in-network with Kaiser for primary care and Specialist visits. You can call them at 503-223-3113 or visit the website to book an appointment directly.
- Emergency Room visits are covered nationwide.
- The Standard Bronze Plan is HSA-Eligible, as is the KP 2800 plan (direct-only)
- If you purchase the Standard Bronze plan with the $6550 deductible you may also consider buying an Accident plan that will help you if you had that big accident
Consider an additional, Stand-alone, Accident policy
- If you pick a high-deductible health plan, it can get expensive if you have an accident such as skiing injury, or just tripping down some stairs. I really like this accident policy that offers to pay up to $6350 if you have an Accident and $7500 for Critical Care situations. Click on the link below for a quote:
HOW TO MAKE YOUR INITIAL PAYMENT
If you purchased through the Marketplace and want to make payment you can make your payment by logging into their website (after a few weeks after enrollment) at https://kp.org/paypremium or via our phone system at 1-844-524-7370. Payment is due by the coverage start date so don't wait for them if you don't get a bill, be proactive.
If you don't make this initial premium payment with the Marketplace on time, your policy will not go into effect and you will be locked out of being able to buy health insurance for the year.
WHAT I YOU ARE DIRECT WRITTEN WITH KAISER, BUT TO CHANGE AND BUY COVERAGE THROUGH THE MARKETPLACE?
You can cancel your direct-written coverage in December by sending a faxed request to 1-866-846-2650. Include your subscriber number and the names of those on your plan. Ask them to cancel your coverage effective 12/31/17. I can then help you enroll for 2018 through the Marketplace.
HELPFUL TIPS AND INSIGHTS WITH KAISER
1. VIDEO VISITS: In addition to in person doctor visits, you can schedule a free video appointment with a Kaiser provider from the Kaiser App or from your KP.org account.
2. EMAIL YOUR DOCTOR: Once you create an account at www.kp.org you can email your doctor, schedule an appointment, or even a video visit at no cost.
3. HOW TO CANCEL COVERAGE: To cancel coverage you can fax your request to 866-846-2650, or if you don't pay your premium, your policy will cancel for non-pay back to the date you last paid.
HANDY CONTACT INFO
Kaiser Customer service: 503-813-2000
Dan Neils 503-650-4325 firstname.lastname@example.org