INDIVIDUAL HEALTH PLANS
Moda in 2018 is offering similar plans to 2017, continuing with their Beacon Network, which includes OHSU, Tuality and Adventist hospitals as In-Network in the Portland area. Other hospitals are available around the state.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR A TAX CREDIT? BROWSE PLANS AND RATES NOW
You can visit the Marketplace to browse the plans and rates as they apply to your situation. If you qualify for additional 'Cost Sharing' this will show up in the Silver plans. You can only qualify for a tax credit if you purchase coverage through the Federal Marketplace. Click on the link below:
2018 Moda Medical & Dental Brochure
The brochure below is for the Moda plans in the greater Portland areas and counties. There is another set of plans for the outer Oregon counties. Click on the link below to read about the Medical and Dental plans, including the rates:
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Enroll through the Federal Marketplace
My recommendation is to apply through the Federal Marketplace at http://www.healthcare.gov instead of purchasing coverage direct with Moda.
Here are a few reasons to purchase through the Marketplace:
1. EASE OF APPLICATION: Each year you can easily select a new plan, or even put different family members on different company plans without any paperwork. As your broker this helps me greatly! Even if you don't qualify for a tax credit you can enroll through the Marketplace.
2. TAX CREDIT: The Marketplace is the only way to claim the tax credits. Even if you don't qualify when you apply, you may later on. You never know how life can change.
3. FLEXIBILITY: If your life changes mid-year you can do a 'Life Change' (Like a change of income situation) This can sometimes allow you to select a new plan mid-year.
4. IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF... : Should you chose to enroll yourself in the Marketplace without my help, I would appreciate in the agent section of the application adding my agent name, Dan Neils, and NPN number, 757811. This allows me to be compensated at no cost to you, and be appointed as your broker should you need help during the year. I have a guide with a few key ideas to keep you from making critical errors when you apply on your own in my tab "Federal Marketplace".
5. I'M HERE TO HELP: Should you like my help enrolling or completing the annual enrollment I am at your service. I can help you enroll in 1/2 the time you could do it yourself and help you avoid costly errors. Just call me at 503-650-4325 or email me at email@example.com to setup a phone time or in person.
2. Enroll direct with Moda:
If you qualify for a special enrollment situation and want to apply direct because you don't trust the Marketplace (or other reasons), you can enroll direct by using my broker link below:
If you want to apply direct with a paper application call Dan Neils at 503-650-4325 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
IS THE PROVIDER YOU WANT/NEED INCLUDED IN THE BEACON NETWORK?
You can check providers using the link below to search the online provider link:
Prescription drug information
When you have expensive prescription drugs it's important to see what drugs are on the Formulary and at what tier. The page you can find these answers is below:
Moda Customer service: 888-393-2940
Moda Billing & Eligibility: 503-265-5696
Delta Dental Customer Service 800-452-1058
Dan Neils 503-650-4325 email@example.com