Welcome to my website!
I've been helping Oregonian's navigate the complicated health insurance landscape for over 16 years. This website was designed to help you understand the many insurance options available and to complement my personal advice when we talk.
In the tabs to the left you will find detailed discussions of the various areas I can help you address, with the information you need to come to an informed decision.
NEW TAX BILL AND IT'S IMPLICATIONS
The 2018 Tax Bill passage will only impact health insurance in one way: The person who chooses to not purchase an ACA qualified health insurance in will no longer be dinged a tax penalty, starting in 2019. The Tax penalty for not buying creditable health insurance will still be in force for 2018 unless things change.
So why work with a Broker?
Although you can find all the plan information on the internet, with the complexity of health insurance, confusing provider networks, and intentional confusion regarding healthcare, it is helpful to have an experienced guide that can guide, and provide support when you need it. It is not just one initial decision, but ongoing help you will need.
TV ads have spent millions to convince you that making a quick decision and easy web signup is all that matters. With health insurance, there is much more at stake. For most people, health insurance is your second largest monthly expenditure after housing. Getting expert help at no cost is to your benefit.
Today, there is no cost to purchasing insurance through a broker, but we are only compensated if you list us as your agent when you apply. At some future date we may be forced to charge a fee for our services should insurance carriers remove our compensation (which they have in many states).
This website was created with your needs in mind
- Educate yourself on the issues you need to make an informed decision.
- Compare plan details and premiums, and check providers
- Find out the best way to apply for coverage
To learn more about a specific line of business please click on the left-column tabs for more information. I recommend you email or speak to me for specific advice. You can expect honest and competent help when you contact me without any pressure.
PS I help may clients by phone, combined with a screen-share appointment. This allows you to see my computer screen as we talk.
1. Call Dan at 503-650-4325 to set up a phone appointment. If possible, if you could be in front of a computer when we talk, we can do a 'screen share' so I can show you things as we talk. It's almost impossible to talk long about health insurance without visuals.
2. When we start our call, I'll direct you to http://www.join.me and give you a code to enter where it says "Join Meeting". This will allow you to see my computer monitor through your browser as we discuss insurance options.
3. If you prefer we can schedule an in-person appointment. I love to meet you face to face if you have the time.
DISCLOSURE: We aim that all the quotes, brochures, and information on this site remain current and accurate, but rates and coverage are subject to change and vary by geographic location. Final approval, effective dates, and premiums are always determined by the insurance company. If you find an error, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will correct it immediately.
YOUR PRIVACY: I value the protection of any personal information you provide me. No information you share on this site will be used for purposes other than what you request-- to generate quotes with various insurance companies. Maintaining your privacy is important to us, and your name and information will never be shared or sold.